Friday, October 17, 2008

7th Grade Progress Report

Seeing as this blog is about my 'kid' - Tristan, I thought it would be a good time to tell you about his 'progress' conferences we had this week! Every teacher says he does well, is a good student, doesn't get in trouble and participates.

Tristan is in 'accelerated math' so we asked his math teacher if the accelerated class is a good fit for him. He revealed to us that with a Map Test that the school does to see where the students are - he scored 4 points under the 'gifted' category! WOW! Can we say...proud parent? I was so shocked and happy and excited. I just wanted to shout it from the roof top!

Of course this has gone to Tristan's head...he thinks he's 'gifted' in everything. Not just math. I'll admit he's smart - but he is kinda lazy about it. He could be a straight A student - if he would work harder. But truth be told - I heard that from my mom as well. And I just coasted - getting B's when I was in school. I hope to get through to him to work harder and hope that he listens to me.

No comments: